Private cataract surgery in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Appointments are available at East Point Consulting Rooms at the James Paget University Hospital (JPUH) in Gorleston as well as at the Beccles and District War Memorial Hospital
- I believe in providing a courteous, warm and caring personal service. Cataract patients are given my personal mobile number after surgery in the unlikely event of needing advice or reassurance outside normal hours.
- I carry out hundreds of successful Cataract Surgery procedures every year with surgical complication rates 20 times lower than the Royal College of Ophthalmologists' national average.
- Prices are fair, competitive and transparent.
- Patient feedback is consistently extremely positive - I aim for a collaborative relationship with every patient and I value the fact that many come via recommendation.
- My six years as Clinical Lead for the NHS Ophthalmology service at JPUH reflects my commitment to excellent care and superior outcomes.
I look forward to meeting you and discussing your requirements or concerns.
Mr Tom Butler, MB ChB, FRCOphth
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
"I was very impressed with the convenience and ease of the whole process... it is truly wonderful to see so clearly again" AG June 18
"It is wonderful to see everything bright and clear. It feels like I have been lifted out of a fog, I am so grateful" TH January 18
“From the first consultation onwards the process was timely and very professional” BC November 17
“The nurses knew what they had to do, Mr Butler was excellent” JH November 17
"I was really nervous but totally put at ease and had total confidence" DC October 17
"The whole experience from consultation to procedure went very smoothly and was much appreciated" RW September 17
“Generally excellent and reassuring” DC September 17
“The whole experience from start to finish was very positive” PA September 17
"The friendliness, kindness and laid back attitude made one feel relaxed". JF April 2017
"Fast, efficient, safe and brilliant results!" WR March 2017
"There was a real sense of teamwork from all the staff". DS March 2017