Coronavirus / Covid-19 update
I am pleased to advise that private consultations have now recommenced.
Strict hygiene measures, such as thorough cleaning of the consulting rooms and equipment, are being undertaken. There are also restrictions on accompanying friends and relatives. Thank you for your understanding.
Private cataract surgery in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Appointments are available at East Point Consulting Rooms at the James Paget University Hospital (JPUH) in Gorleston as well as at the Beccles and District War Memorial Hospital
- I believe in providing a courteous, warm and caring personal service. Cataract surgery patients are given my personal mobile number after surgery in the unlikely event of needing advice or reassurance outside normal hours.
- I carry out hundreds of successful Cataract Surgery procedures every year with surgical complication rates 20 times lower than the Royal College of Ophthalmologists' national average.
- Prices are fair, competitive and transparent.
- Patient feedback following cataract surgery is consistently extremely positive - I aim for a collaborative relationship with every patient and I value the fact that many come via recommendation.
- My six years as Clinical Lead for the NHS Ophthalmology service at JPUH reflects my commitment to excellent care and superior outcomes.
I look forward to meeting you and discussing your requirements or concerns.
Mr Tom Butler, MB ChB, FRCOphth
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
Testimonials following cataract surgery
"Every aspect of my treatment was first class" MC March 19
"Would thoroughly recommend to others" PG March 19
"Most satisfied - friendly, on time, it was a pleasure" PM February 19
"Excellent and professional service" GW February 19
"Treatment was first class and very effective" PH January 19
"Very happy with results, surgeon and all staff - treated very professionally" DD December 18
"I was very impressed with the convenience and ease of the whole process... it is truly wonderful to see so clearly again" AG June 18
"It is wonderful to see everything bright and clear. It feels like I have been lifted out of a fog, I am so grateful" TH January 18