Working predominantly in the NHS, I feel passionately that everybody has the right to high quality healthcare that is free at the point of delivery. I also recognise that some patients may wish to explore other healthcare options, and this principle of choice is at the heart of my private practice.
In Norfolk we are lucky to have an excellent NHS ophthalmic service. However, those patients who choose private cataract surgery are able to experience a number of additional benefits:
- Access to newer innovations not always available on the NHS, such as multifocal lenses
- Minimal waiting time - my patients can undergo cataract surgery within a fortnight of the first appointment, should you wish
- Choice of surgery dates to suit your busy lifestyle
- Continuity of care. You will be seen by me at every appointment - from first consultation to cataract surgery, with ongoing care as required
- Guaranteed consultant expertise - no junior doctors or trainees
- Appointments take as long as you need - with no time pressures we can discuss all your questions and clarify every detail
- Cataract surgery patients are given my personal mobile number. In the unlikely event that you need an urgent opinion following your cataract surgery you are assured of ultimate peace of mind.
If you would like to discuss your options for private cataract surgery further, I would be very pleased to hear from you - contact details for Tom Butler Eye Specialist can be found at the top of the page.